Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm one of those moms!

So a few weeks ago I did something that really opened my eyes. It not only made me feel like a flustered mom but made me question my stress level. Or maybe when I am hungry I just do crazy things. Not really sure what came over me that day. So Dallin has been potty training. He actually rarely messes up going #1 now. So I was in PA running errands with my friend Katty which gets a little nerve racking when you have two children in your car that are impatient and your all hungry. We decided to split a meal at olive garden since it was getting pretty late and we didn't think we would have time to cook when we got home cause it was close to the children's bed time. While we were waiting to be seated Dal told me he had to go potty. So I took him into the bathroom walked straight to the back stall since it is always the largest one, making it easier to wrestle between elbows and clothes while trying to get your toddler on the toilet seat before he messes all over you..... Dal finished and as we were headed out I caught a glance of something I have never seen before in a women's restroom. Thats because it wasn't! I thought to my self, "Why the heck is there urinals in the women's restrooms?" That's when I realized where I was and how lucky I was that I didn't have a very uncomfortable confrontation with a man in there. I did get a couple of weird looks I think tho on the way out. So yeah, I am officially one of those moms that gets so frazzled that she doesn't even notice the urinals till she is on her way out of the bathroom. Pretty Crazy!

3 comments:

Lee Family said...

that is so funny nicole hahah

The Cole Family D+K=D said...

hahaha! that was sooo funny! I remember how hard I was laughing when you told me! :)
miss you guys!!!!

Des said...

Totally funny Nicole! I've done similar things so now I double check before I go in! Besides...I get reminded every time I'm walking into the girls side that Benton is a boy! He doesnt understand why I keep taking him to the girls bathroom! =)